I have enjoyed creating food and perfecting recipes in the kitchen since I was 10 years old. I prefer homemade over store-bought.
Pizza Without Tomato Sauce
Last night I was in the mood for pizza, but I didn't have tomato sauce of any kind. Looking at what food I did have, I decided to try out a white pizza. Instead of tomato sauce, it uses cheese as a base.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 medium pizza
Note Regarding Prep and Cook Times
If you make your own pizza dough, more prep time is required. The above estimate is based on using a prepared unbaked crust.
- 1 medium prepared crust
- 2 to 4 ounces cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese
- 1/4 cup peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 medium potato, diced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, frozen or pre-cooked
- 2 slices tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon desired seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- If you have an unbaked pizza crust, preheat the oven to 450 degrees. If it is already baked, preheat to 400 degrees.
- Saute the peppers, onion, garlic, broccoli and chopped potato. Add tomato, and cook a little longer.
- Season the vegetables with your choice of seasoning. I used Adobo seasoning, but garlic powder, herbs, or even taco seasoning would taste great.
- If you are using an unbaked crust, place it on a pizza pan or cookie sheet for about 7 minutes; then take it out and let it cool off. Turn the temperature down to 400 degrees.
- Once the crust is cool, spread it with cream cheese.
- Add cooked potatoes and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Pop back into the oven for about 12 minutes, until cheese is melted
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on the pizza and serve. Enjoy!